- Job Title
- Interior Designer
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Other Location
Kingscott is a team-based organization - from the top down. Our CEO is a team of 4 people. We work as a team to make the best decisions for the company. We expect the same of our staff. Our story is anchored in knowing that when people work together, extraordinary things are possible.
To be successful at Kingscott you need to be “All In” – to be fully committed. It is important to us to stick to things even when they are hard. To be intentional in following through for everyone’s success. To be passionate about your work and take ownership for its success. We need to believe in each other, to want the best for everyone and to always assume good intentions.
We are growing and looking for an Interior Designer to join our team. Working closely with Design Architects, the Interior Designer will focus on the overall design of each project, including building design and furnishing, while building relationships with our clients. You’ll get the opportunity to work with some amazing clients in the educational, commercial, and senior living space!
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at Kingscott:
Partnering with clients:
- Partake in initial meetings with Owner and Project Director to establish budgets and project scope
- Partnering closely with clients to determine furniture needs; research furniture products and make recommendations; develop and provide cost estimates; create FF&E bid documents and specifications, including selecting finish materials to design highly engaging spaces.
- Scheduling and receiving furniture deliveries; identify and make any FF&E adjustments; perform final inspections and review products in place; complete final punch list.
Collaborating with our team:
- Exhibit strong design capabilities in interior design and space planning, custom designed millwork, interior architecture and design features to exceed client expectations.
- Review and revise product specifications for project manual and review shop drawings and submittals.
- Design and create documentation of finish materials, including floor and wall patterns utilizing a variety of materials, on many various project types.
- Conduct field visits to observe contractor workmanship and adherence to design intent.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with design.
- K-12 educational facility and commercial building design experience preferred.
- Software knowledge in AutoCAD; Revit preferred
- Strong client-facing communication skills, with a positive orientation towards receiving feedback
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work schedule – many of us work four day weeks!
- Collaborative environment and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Variety of work tasks and experiences – No two days will ever be the same
- Opportunity to influence key decisions and help Kingscott meet our goals
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today and check out our work with our clients here!