- Job Title
- Job ID
- PENDLETON, SC 29670-1808
- Other Location
Our client is a materials science company dedicated to the development of new, market driven materials and the transition of those materials from the lab to the market or battlefield. Their highly skilled team of scientists develop new molecules to provide customized solutions for industry, defense and energy sectors, and new ventures. Beyond designing molecules, they develop products and manufacture materials to enable new technologies.
As this client’s Accountant, you will have the opportunity to work with both defense and industrial partners in various capacities and have the potential to be involved in negotiations as well as setting up joint ventures and other business arrangements. You must be an independent worker with a drive for continuous improvement and enjoy working with an eclectic group of scientists and engineers. You will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, to document business transactions.
- Distribute expenditures, encumbrances, receipts and receivables according to schedules.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for managers.
- Prepare data for auditors and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Evaluate existing project accounting and identify opportunities for improvement.
- File quarterly sales tax returns.
Desired Capabilities and/or Willingness to Learn:
- Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes. Write narrative reports explaining findings.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA) policies, and company procedures.
- Maintain and/or modify existing accounting systems and accounting control procedures as required.
- Devise and implement a manufacturing/cost accounting system.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of assets, liabilities, and expenditures.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university and 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.