- Job Title
- Operations Supervisor
- Job ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
Innovative Logistics Company in Austin, TX
Bradford Airport Logistics (BAL) is the benchmark leader in Secure Airport Terminal Logistics with a multitude of achievements which have revolutionized the traditional airport logistics model. We offer a tremendous career opportunity in a high growth environment that brings together technology and services within the exciting aviation industry. Check us out at: www.airportlogistics.org
Bradford Airport Logistics is seeking an Operations Supervisor (OS) to provide team member supervision, decision making and excellent customer service near Austin Bergstrom International Airport at our Austin location. The successful candidate will manage operations at our receiving and redistribution dock as well as manage supplier and customer relationships. A strong work ethic, initiative, and drive to build and maintain a world class team are a must. For qualified candidates, we offer significant opportunities for career growth that may include promotion and relocation opportunities.
- Train and ensure employees comply with all procedures and regulations for BAL, the airport, TSA, customers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure the operations team is professional, motivated, and customer focused in accordance with BAL’s Core Values and Mission, Vision and Purpose Statements.
- Provide hands-on leadership in an active, physically demanding environment
- Interact with suppliers, vendors and other airport stakeholders to maximize operational performance and efficiency
- Ensure process and quality control standards
- Direct the resolution of operational and maintenance issues to prevent operational delays and minimize expenses
- Open and/or close the operation daily
- Ensure execution of daily distribution center objectives
- Create and maintain accurate schedules
- Administer the Company’s policies and procedures consistently and fairly
- Provide suggestions to improve the performance, safety and efficiency of the operation
- Ensure all established delivery commitments, labor targets, and quality assurance standard are met
- Perform administrative activities to effectively manage operations
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in employee and team management either in a management position or as a team leader.
- Logistics/airline/airport/warehouse or related industry experience preferred.
- High integrity and trustworthiness.
- Associates degree, or directly related experience may be considered to offset the two years of education.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Experience executing action plans to hit short and long term targets.
- Demonstrated team building skills to include employee development, coaching and performance improvement.
- Word processing, e-mail, database and Internet software.
- Ability to supervise employee teams in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to pass a TSA mandated security background check for airport badging.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to relocate for career opportunities if desired.
We have an excellent, competitive annual compensation plan available.
The benefit package includes:
- Employer paid health insurance
- Annual bonus
- Paid holidays
- 401K Company match
- Professional Development Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
*All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, airport background check and clean driving record review.
For those ready to take their career to the next level in the exciting aviation industry, please apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.