- Job Title
- Bookkeeper/Office Manager
- Job ID
- BLACKSBURG, VA 24060-4978
- Other Location
Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Our client is a digital agency in Blacksburg, Virginia, and is seeking an Office Manager and Bookkeeper who enjoys keeping financial and administrative processes running smoothly. Our client is a 25-year-old, 27-person firm, working in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create digital experiences for the real world. They ask big questions, dream big dreams, but at the end of the day they build things that work. Their culture is can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. They’re constantly learning, experimenting and reinventing the company.
They’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing and analytics, project management and business development. Their project teams are made of people from multiple disciplines.
As a professional services company, our client’s success depends on supporting their staff to deliver excellent service for their clients and capturing the value of their time. The Office Manager / Bookkeeper supports both of these needs.
Due to their partnership with Insperity, our client will not rely on you to handle payroll and benefits administration functions. However, you will be expected to help with some level of coordination with Insperity, including, but not limited to, initiating the onboarding process for new employees.
During the pandemic, our client is operating remotely, so some of the Office Management duties are not needed.
- Coordinate anything related to office in Blacksburg including housekeeping and sub-lease relationship
- Maintain files and record storage
- Order supplies
- Manage equipment inventory
- Coordinate occasional special events in the office
- Collect and distribute mail
- Report hourly employee time records to the payroll and benefits company (currently this is only 2-3 people)
- Coordinate gifts for employees and clients
- Work with accounting firm to establish and follow consistent procedures for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes
- Enter and document financial transactions into accounting software
- Prepare financial reports
- Manage information about clients and projects into accounting software
- Manage the work of with staff responsible for accounts receivable and payable
- Handle day-to-day interactions with financial institutions
- Manage cash flow forecast
- Manage employee reimbursements
- Provide data as needed to the payroll and benefits company
- At least 3 years work experience including 2 years supporting or managing the financial side of a business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex data clearly
- Excellent data entry skills
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Comfortable with technology and like to try out new software
- Everyone who works with you knows that when you take responsibility for something - it’s as good as done.
- Basic principles of business accounting
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Creating and using spreadsheets in Excel or Google Sheets, including formulas, graphics, pivot tables and the like
This position is in our client’s Blacksburg, Virginia office. Currently all employees are working remotely due to the COVID19 pandemic, but this position would need to work out of the office once they are able to return. They allow Blacksburg employees to work 1-2 days a week from home.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Some benefits are only available to employees who work 32 hours or more per week. The salary for this position will vary based on experience and we are happy to discuss the range with qualified candidates. We’re looking for someone available to work full-time, but we may be able to work out a part-time position for the right candidate.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.