- Job Title
- Operations Analyst
- Job ID
- Other Location
Our client is a digital agency in Blacksburg, Virginia, and is seeking an Operations Analyst who enjoys connecting people and data to help an organization run smoothly. Our client is a 25-year-old, 27-person firm, working in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create digital experiences for the real world. They ask big questions, dream big dreams, but at the end of the day they build things that work. Their culture is can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. They’re constantly learning, experimenting and reinventing the company.
They’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing and analytics, project management and business development. Their project teams are made of people from multiple disciplines.
As a professional services company, our client’s success depends on scheduling work across multiple projects so that they stay on track and their team members can meet revenue goals weekly. While their project managers are focused on client relationships and successful project delivery, the Operations Analyst will focus on balancing the workload, filling holes and negotiating between competing project needs in order to maintain profitability and help the entire team operate more smoothly and efficiently. The position reports to the Director of Project Management but coordinates closely with the financial team.
- Work closely with our project management team to look at how people are allocated to projects over the next several months, resolving resource conflicts and helping the PMs keep our production staff fully utilized. When a team member is light you’ll work with PMs to rearrange project schedules or coordinate the start of new work.
- Ensure the data we collect on projects (timecards, budgets, schedules etc.) is clean and consistent in our internal databases and spreadsheets.
- Work with our bookkeeper to ensure project data is correctly flowing to financial systems for revenue and invoicing.
- Analyze that data and evaluate performance, building and maintaining spreadsheets and other tools as needed to support rearward analysis and forward-looking projections.
- Present data and analysis to the company’s leadership team, composed of the president and the directors of each of our disciplines.
- Meet with the business development team regularly to discuss timing of new project starts.
- Support business development in onboarding new clients and projects in our system.
- 3 years of work experience including experience with business analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of building complex spreadsheets in Excel or Google Sheets, including formulas, graphics, pivot tables and the like
- Databases and data modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You spot trouble way down the road and head it off.
- You’re always learning, and you share what you learn.
- You’re comfortable with technology and like to try out new software.
- Everyone who works with you knows that when you take responsibility for something - it’s as good as done.
- Knowledge of website design and development processes isn’t required but would be a plus.
This position is available as a remote-only position or you can work from our Blacksburg, Virginia office. You would be expected to be available between 9am-5pm Eastern time.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Some benefits are only available to employees who work 32 hours or more per week. The salary for this position will vary based on experience and we are happy to discuss the range with qualified candidates. We’re looking for someone available to work full-time, but we may be able to work out a part-time position for the right candidate.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law