- Job Title
- Occupational Therapist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Occupational Therapist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Occupational Therapist:
- Provide Occupational Therapy evaluations, goals, and treatments for referred patients
- Performs a complete OT evaluation on patients referred by physiatrists and department protocol for occupational therapy
- Reviews medical records, interviews patient/family/others, and administers standardized and non-standardized tests to evaluate the functional level of patients
- Analyzes and synthesizes evaluation data to identify problems for which occupational therapy intervention is appropriate
- Identifies long and short term goals, includes patient participation in treatment goals and selects techniques to achieve functional goals
- Maintains appropriate documentation on all patients noting patient problems, response to treatment, treatment plans and goals, and other necessary observations relative to the treatment process.
- Prepares and presents case studies for Occupational Therapy/ departmental meetings
- Prepares charge slips, appointment slips and daily log
- Provides recommendations for equipment, adaptive and/or assistive device for patients
- Coordinates home programs and the need for treatment by a home care agency
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelors Degree from an approved school of Occupational Therapy
- District of Columbia Occupational Therapy license
- Certification from the National Occupational Therapy Certification Board
- *Preferred - Certified Hand Therapist
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
Howard University Hospital (HUH) is a mission driven and well established hospital in Washington DC seeking a full time Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)/Occupational Therapist. CHT is preferred or an OT with extensive hand experience and on track for CHT certification. HUH OT outpatient provides services to a wide variety of patients consisting of post-operative care for the entire upper extremity. Post-operative cases such as fracture care, tendon repair, joint replacement, and elbow and shoulder reconstruction. We also provide conservative management and general preventative care for the non-traumatic injury. Due to the ongoing growth we are looking for the right therapist who is dedicated to providing excellent upper extremity rehabilitation to restore optimal function to each and every patient.