Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Pharmacy Operations Manager who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference
The Pharmacy Operations Manager:
- Manages unit operations, Clinical Pharmacists, Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians.
- Reviews department performance, effects changes in collaboration with the Assistant Director and Director to improve services provided and assures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develops work schedules and assigns staff to specific areas of responsibility
- Provides staff training and development as determined by Pharmacy management
- Hires, evaluates work performance, disciplines and terminates staff
Who do you report to?
- Director, Pharmacy
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
- Masters or Doctorate of Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science from an American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of clinical pharmacist experience
- Two (2) years of managerial/supervisory practice experience preferred.
- Licensure by DC State Board of Pharmacy
Completion of a residency accredited by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists or comparable experience preferred.