Clinical Nurse - Department: Emergency Department
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Emergency Department
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital is seeking a Clinical Nurse for the Emergency Department. The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Nurse reporting directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager. Through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the CN is responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care to specific patient populations. The CN demonstrates professionalism, adheres to the ANA standards of practice, exemplifies the Howard University Hospital values and fulfills our nursing mission and vision. The CN demonstrates professionalism, adheres to the ANA standards of practice, exemplifies the Howard University Hospital (HUH) values and fulfills our nursing mission and vision. Collaborates with intra and interdisciplinary staff to accomplish patient care goads based on the needs of the patient and HUH. Participates in educational offerings and presents as requested.
- Nursing degree from accredited nursing school. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical experience in nursing upon hire or after completion of HUH’s Professional Nurses Clinical Advancement Program (PNCAP) and 18 months of employment at HUH.
- Current District of Columbia license
- Current Basic Life Support
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, if required for specialty
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Tuition remission for you and your eligible dependents (after 1 year and 2 years of service, respectively)
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% Coverage for care at HUH
- Required Skills