Clinical Nurse - Department: Emergency Department
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Emergency Department
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital is seeking a Clinical Nurse for the Emergency Department. The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Nurse reporting directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager. Through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the CN is responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care to specific patient populations. The CN demonstrates professionalism, adheres to the ANA standards of practice, exemplifies the Howard University Hospital values and fulfills our nursing mission and vision. The CN demonstrates professionalism, adheres to the ANA standards of practice, exemplifies the Howard University Hospital (HUH) values and fulfills our nursing mission and vision. Collaborates with intra and interdisciplinary staff to accomplish patient care goads based on the needs of the patient and HUH. Participates in educational offerings and presents as requested.
- Nursing degree from accredited nursing school. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical experience in nursing upon hire or after completion of HUH’s Professional Nurses Clinical Advancement Program (PNCAP) and 18 months of employment at HUH.
- Current District of Columbia license
- Current Basic Life Support
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, if required for specialty
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills