- Job Title
- Foreman, Underground
- Job ID
- Ontario, CA 91761
- Other Location
Job Title: Foreman, Underground
Business Unit: HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: Ontario, CA
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
We are looking for an Underground Foreman to join our team.Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Supervise the lay out, assembly, and installation of duct and vault systems in Southern California for both private and public customers (prevailing wage and standard wage).
- Manage daily activities of 1 to 2 crews.
- Utilize heavy equipment and trucking to excavate, install, and complete projects.
- Continually inspect work site for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for safe work environments and comply with state, federal, OSHA and HHS safety policies
- Review and approve employee time sheets.
- Travel to and from job sites in California
- Take-Off of materials, aggregates, and project requirements.
- Coordinate with Equipment Manager and Purchasing Manager
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractors
- Communicates both orally and written, with local officials, company management/ staff, customers, and others.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid CA Drivers License
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in underground dry utilities
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and project specifications with project superintendent to plan construction sequencing.
- Ability to operate backhoes, loaders, excavators, asphalt rollers, and other heavy equipment with both CAT and DEERE controls
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry materials of all shapes and sizes, weighing 50 to 100 pounds
- Must be able to maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Must be able to operate or workaround heavy equipment and machinery
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl while performing work
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders
- Must be able to sit for hours on equipment
- Must be able to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, hardhat, and any applicable safety gear.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.