Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Coeur d'Alene, ID 83835
- Other Location
Job Title: Lineman
Business Unit: HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Constructions, LLC is searching for an experienced Aerial Lineman to join our team
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Repairs and maintains major cable systems and structures such as broken lashing, replacing, or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs, and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds, and emergencies or hazards
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications, engineering drawings, and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in a sequence of the task
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing, and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks
- Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground, or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles
- Responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
- Completes daily production reports and As-Built documentation on prints
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid driver's license and transportation
- Must have 2-5 years of recent experience
- Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in telecom line construction work.
- Identify differences in wire and cable colors
- Required to lift moderately heavy equipment, such as telephone lines; climb structures; and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of first aid procedures and CPR
- Ability to apply mathematics calculations (Example: fractions for use in drilling and pole sizing; calculating material and hardware length for assembling several pieces of equipment to poles of different thickness and circumferences.)
- Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders
- Ability to apply logical principles and thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Willing to perform work to support the values and goals of the Company
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Climb up and down poles, ladders, machinery, and other objects.
- Push, pull, reach, and carry objects such as tools, materials, and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
- Load and unload tools and equipment on the truck
- Coordinate movement of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet
- Vision including depth perception, close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- All work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required
- All work is outdoors, subject to inclement weather conditions
- Working in confined spaces.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.