- Job Title
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Plumber who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
- Studies engineering drawings, equipment technical information and sketches to determine equipment selection, routings, sizes and fittings required for the job.
- Performs maintenance and repair on a wide variety of plumbing, heating and cooling equipment, devices and equipment. This equipment includes but is not limited to sinks, pumps, steam traps, commodes, water coolers, water heaters, domestic hot water and heating tube bundles, water filters, vent systems, drainage systems, various pressures and non-pressure piping and other similar devices.
- Performs maintenance and installation on various medical gas and vacuum systems throughout the Health Center. Repairs blockages in vacuum piping systems and medical air compressors. Installs manifold valves and inspects these systems for proper operation.
- Measures, cuts, threads and bends pipe and tubing according to the specifications of the work order or project.
- Positions valves, couplings and other in-line devices by mechanical techniques.
Who do you report to?
- Director, Facilities
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of experience in the plumbing trade. Completion of a Journeyman Program preferred
- Licensed as a DC Certified Plumber required