Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Lead API Platform Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead API Platform Engineer
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22180
- Other Location
The Delivery lead should be able to successfully manage and lead API platform engineers,
coordinating across multiple technical teams in Mission Operate, Mission Data, Application
Rationalizations to drive the development of technical user stories and lead a team of developers
Lead API platform lead will coordinate with Cloud team and CI/CD team to assist with the foundational
efforts of Mulesoft Platform set up.
- Engagement Planning - technical understanding, strategic mindset, translating MuleSoft vision (API-Led) into a tangible project plan.
- Engagement Execution - identify and mitigate risk, status reporting, and operations.
- Post Engagement - ability to identify renewal and add-on opportunities, using lessons learned and looping them back into our internal best practices
- Deep program management experience managing multiple projects varying in size at one time; PMP/Scrum master/ SAFe Agilist certifications preferred
- Track record of executing projects from start to finish with strong prioritization and time management POV.
- Proven successful outcomes for projects and programs of 5 million dollars of budget/revenue and higher
- Highly collaborative with Services sellers, architects, consultants, third-party partners, and customers.
- Function as the Technical Lead across multiple work streams during the implementation of Cloud Native API Exchange Platform on Mulesoft
- Leads the product backlog development working closely with Business Analyst/Requirements Analyst and Scrum Master for Cloud-Native API Exchange implementation
- Coordinates the scrum planning and development of Technical Program BackLog items development working closely with the scrum master and release
- Actively collaborate with multiple stakeholders in an agile environment across the business.
- Work in an agile, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with short release cycles.
- Oversee peer code reviews and provide active guidance and direction on development.
- Develops/updates Services and APIs using Java technology for use in current and future projects
- Serves as subject matter expert for Enterprise Integration Services (SOA and API)
- Follow SDLC and Service/API development best practices while executing the tasks
- Provides guidance to ISD development teams in support of Tactical and Strategic SOA and API initiatives
- Provides input and leadership to continuously improve processes and resulting output quality
- Works with development teams to assure alignment with current SOA and API governance processes
- Collaborates with development teams, business units, and other ISD areas to identify, define, develop/ modify and implement enterprise reusable Services and APIs
- Provides input to the definition and communication of the organization’s standards and procedures for SOA/ API approaches,
- Provide leadership to project teams for enterprise services development and validation
- Ensures developed Services and API comply with established enterprise integration governance rules, maturity, and monitoring
- Provides leadership and input into achieving objectives and maintaining efficient enterprise integration standards
- Collaborates with ISD management, business units, and stakeholders to ensure SOA and API strategy aligns with business strategy
- Participates in developing, communicating, and documenting the organization’s SOA and API direction and service levels
- Ensures continuous transfer of knowledge by providing senior technical SOA expertise and guidance
- Leads, mentors and educates ISD staff regarding SOA and API best practices
- Remains current on SOA and API development, testing industry trends and best practices
- Plays a key role in the evolution of SOA and API governance
- Works within the enterprise integration team to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and standards
- Provides expert knowledge and input into the refinement/documentation of additional SOA and API governance processes and maturity
- Align/drive Navy Federal’s architectural strategies with Navy Federal business and ISD strategic goals
- Apply a creative thinking approach to develop technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Create architectures around cloud-native applications that can work across public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Develop architectures around modern API Management frameworks that can be deployed in both B2B and B2C scenarios
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness, reduce costs and/or system risks
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges including regulatory; recommend the process, product, or service enhancements
- Articulate architectural solutions and explain the competitive advantages of various alternatives
- Provide technology thought leadership around modernizing the banking core by creating a data virtualization layer accelerating the path to cloud-enabled core enabling real-time transactions
- Continually monitor the financial services technology landscape to track the latest innovations across the industry and communicate relevant information to ISD leadership
- Develop and apply architectural governance based on business and information technology strategies
- Develop/apply architectural reference patterns that guide the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology within the enterprise
- Plan, develop, review and enforce enterprise architectural standards and ensure architectural strategies are consistently applied
- Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
- Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information
- technology solutions
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Develop architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in technology projects, mentoring, internal training and product evaluation
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Extensive experience that demonstrates expert knowledge of JAVA, SOA environments and techniques
• Five years’ experience with developing J2EE based web services and service client
• Experience developing Restful services utilizing a lightweight data-interchange format such as JSON
• Experience mapping between XML to JSON and JSON to XML
• Experience with relational databases such as DB2 or Oracle
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex activities while maintaining control over the quality of all deliverables
• Demonstrated skill in identifying industry trends and define their potential use corporate applications
• Demonstrated skill in leading efforts in all phases of SOA and API governance development and standardization
• Proficiency in developing high-level documentation and presentations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with Mulesoft Anypoint/Apigee, Microservices, Istio/Service Mesh, Spring Framework, and Open API Specification/RAML
• Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with Azure Architecture, Pivotal/Tanzu platform/Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, etc.
• Integration experience with enterprise platforms Salesforce, Oracle HCM/PeopleSoft, and CRM/Dynamics
• Expert skill in implementing security using OAuth, SAML, JWT, and OpenID Connect, etc.
• Extensive experience in enterprise-wide infrastructure digital technologies and platforms in the following: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, iPaaS, APIs, MicroServices, Analytics, hybrid cloud, mainframe, storage, network, etc.
• Extensive experience in digital banking business transformation, strategy development, business model innovation, service design, and architecture, operating model design, and transformation planning
• Extensive experience in architecting and implementing cloud-native architectures across Azure and AWS
• Extensive experience in cloud-native architectures and technologies (e.g., Azure, AWS, Containers, Continuous Integration, and Delivery, API Management Platform, API Security, B2B, B2C, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of IT architectural paradigms and concepts, including Cloud Infrastructure, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), event-driven architecture (EDA), and API development
• Deliver ideas for Proof of Concepts (POCs) and clearly articulate business value, and alignment with evolving market needs and best practices
• Assist with developing and presenting recommendations to executive leadership based on Proof of Concepts (POCs) of emerging technologies that clearly articulate business value, and alignment with corporate business strategy
• Extensive experience in work as an engineer or technical subject matter expert in the following
areas: infrastructure (hybrid cloud), data, application, APIs, integration patterns, security-related technologies
• Significant experience in the financial services sector and a good understanding of operational and regulatory risks and controls
• Advanced skill in formulating a strategic vision and defining and implementing action plans to achieve strategic goals
• Scout market trends, new ideas, and perspectives and draw on simple observations of sector research/deep marketplace/business environment awareness, global factors, and patterns to drive breakthrough potential
• Participate in efforts to build short and long-term technology plans for assigned business domains
• Participate in vendor evaluations as needed to ensure vendor selections meet desired technology capabilities
• Develop and champion innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market
• Advanced knowledge of Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE)
• Expert problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies such as Agile or other project management practices used in iterative development environments
• Expert skill to influence, guiding strategic thinking, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Expert skill in effectively communicating technical and non-technical issues and information clearly and concisely to all levels of management and staff
• Advanced skill creating system, architecture diagrams, and presentations for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Expert skill translating complex business requirements into functional architecture solutions
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and vendors
• Significant experience in leading, guiding, and mentoring professional staff
• Expert verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Advanced skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
• Expert skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
• Desired - Certifications in Azure development/architecture, Mulesoft Anypoint, Apigee, Azure APIM, Java, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes helps us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us .