Systems Analyst II with LIS Qualification
- Job Title
- Systems Analyst II with LIS Qualification
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Systems Analyst II who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Systems Analyst II:
- Exhibit skills in HIS and CIS applications to include configuration, security, testing, training, and operational workflow for all assigned applications
- Assists with management of vendor relationships and contracts for software, services, equipment and hardware. Maintains accurate and reliable records for HIPAA, historical accounting and budgeting needs
- Assists departments in special retrieval of information in report formats needed for optimal data analysis
- Assists users with reported system issues that arise within assigned departments and/or applications, reporting, file/table maintenance, testing, training and upgrades are all part of the responsibilities
- Provides analytical and technical support/assistance to the division’s analysts, computer programmers and documentation specialist
- Conducts studies to determine technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer applications
- Establishes system parameters and formats, and ensures hardware/software compatibility
- Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application, including electronic data processing systems
- Analyzes and documents user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
- Analyzes and evaluate vendor-recommended and user-requested enhancements, modifications, or corrections
- Determines operational and procedural changes which will result in business solutions for assigned applications or systems
- Evaluates new proprietary and utility software. Performs feasibility studies involving analysis of all related software and determines interdependencies and interface specifications. Determines additional computer resources such as communications lines and controller terminals, second storage, etc., which will be required
- Provides application and system support by analyzing business problems and enhancing or developing application or system solutions through recommendation and implementation
- Monitors, analyzes, tests, and configures application performance. Applies preventive maintenance
- Provides assistance and guidance in problem resolution. If systems software is at fault, devises and implements corrections to provide methods of circumvention
- Collaborates with vendors or other necessary resources to resolve problems. Provides data file backup and recovery procedures in computer systems failure situations
- Performs trouble-shooting within assigned area of responsibility, identifying and isolating specific problem areas, determines source of problems
- Develops plans and procedures for implementation of enhancements, corrections or modifications of software and performs installation of the same. Takes into account data conversions, hardware installation schedules, availability of vendor technicians and impact upon the user community
- Monitors, documents, and reports on work progress. Provides assistance as needed. Coordinates and integrates completed work into overall project. Advises the supervisor of work progress, problems, and any developments which may affect targeted completion dates
Qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems related area required
- Experience applying analysis, design, configuration and project management skills with an emphasis on systems implementation. Siemens Invision, Soarian Clinicals experience preferred
- Two (2) years healthcare experience and software experience working with systems
- Complete software cycle experience including analysis design, implementation, testing and deployment
- LIS Qualification
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
Detailed knowledge of healthcare software solutions plus a broad knowledge of application programming methods, procedures and techniques in order to provide trouble-shooting and consulting services, and deal effectively with vendor technicians in pertinent specialty areas.
Knowledge and experience in programming, technical network architecture, Information Systems management, and network operating systems is mandatory.
Demonstrated analytical skills: analyze complex tasks/ systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement and evaluate most effective solution.
Novice to intermediate level understanding of Hospital Information Systems (HIS) and Clinical Information Systems (CIS).