Registered Nurse (RN), Multiple Specialties
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse (RN), Multiple Specialties
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse for Multiple Specialties (see below) who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Specialty Units (variable shifts available):
- Operating Room (OR)
- Emergency Department
- Labor and Delivery (L&D)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Infection Control
- Wound Care
The Clinical Nurse:
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Associates Degree Required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills