- Job Title
- Asphalt Finisher
- Job ID
- El Cajon, CA 92021
- Other Location
Job Title: Asphalt Finisher
Business Unit: HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: El Cajon, CA
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
We are seeking Asphalt Finishers to join our team. The Asphalt Finisher is responsible for laying asphalt to patch and pave asphalt roadways, assists in setting up traffic control devices; uses a jackhammer to cut asphalt; removes soiled material from openings; tamps and compacts openings; shovels asphalt into asphalt hopper.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Knowledge of the materials, compounds, operations, tools, and equipment used in laying asphalt.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, and safety regulations related to the operations, tools and equipment used in asphalt installation.
- Ability to operate and perform preventative maintenance on equipment and tools as needed.
- Ability to effectively operate, inspect, and maintain assigned equipment.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A driver's license
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial/industrial concrete finishing
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and mechanical equipment
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous paving experience is preferred
- Familiar with underground construction preferred
- Full range of body motion including heavy lifting, handling and operating levers/controls, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Tasks require the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, with greater emphasis on climbing and balancing to include climbing ladders.
- Some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
- May occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds).
- Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, hazardous materials, machinery, vibrations, traffic hazards, or toxic agents.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.