Concrete Finisher/Concrete Mason
- Job Title
- Concrete Finisher/Concrete Mason
- Job ID
- El Cajon, CA 92021
- Other Location
Job Title: Concrete Finisher/Concrete Mason
Business Unit: HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: El Cajon, CA
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
We are seeking Concrete Finishers/Concrete Mason to join our team. The Concrete Finishers/Concrete Mason is responsible for smoothing and finishing surfaces of freshly poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Must be reliable and self-motivated
- Have the ability and knowledge to read prints
- Ability to monitor how wind, heat, of cold will affect curing of concrete throughout entire process
- Ability to safely direct truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A driver's license
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial/industrial concrete finishing
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and mechanical equipment
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiar with underground construction preferred
- Tasks require the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work
- Some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
- May occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds).
- Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, hazardous materials, machinery, vibrations, traffic hazards, or toxic agents.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.