- Job Title
- Cable Placer
- Job ID
- Coeur d'Alene, ID 83835
- Other Location
Job Title: Cable Placer
Business Unit: HHS Construction, LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
Cable Placer’s support the installation of telecommunications cable. They handle both copper and fiber optic cable for Outside Plant OSP installations. Working under the supervision of a supervisor a cable placer will pull or jet cable in underground conduit from location to location, most often through multiple locations to include maintenance holes, pedestals, cabinets. The work for an OSP Cable Placer is primarily outdoors with multiple locations visited per day. Confined Space entry training is provided as well as safe handling practices for the cable or sub-duct being installed. This is not an inside plant (ISP) cable placing position, however some of those skillsets do align with an OSP cable placer.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Pulls copper and fiber optic cable through underground conduit by hand using pull ropes
- Pushes fiberglass rodder through conduit
- Uses compressor to blow pull line through conduits.
- Works with hydraulic capstan winch when needed.
- Drives a company provided vehicle from the yard to the jobsite and back.
- Labels cables per the client specifications
- Safely enters confined spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Takes direction from supervisors, works well with others in a team environment.
- Communicates clearly using radios, verbal, and hand signal communication.
- Identifies unsafe conditions and takes appropriate action
- Learn to read construction drawings and cable counts
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry materials of all shapes and sizes, weighing 40 to 90 pounds
- Must be able to maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Must be able to safely operate company vehicles or workaround heavy equipment and machinery
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl while performing work
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders
- Must be able to work in small/confined areas
- Must be able to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, hardhat, and any applicable safety gear
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.