Clinical Nurse - Department: Stepdown Unit
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Stepdown Unit
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse for the expansion of our Stepdown Unit.
This position provides and assures patient centered, cost efficient, safe, culturally competent, linguistically sensitive and quality care by adhering to evidence based practice; continuously assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates outcomes; follows hospital, Nurse Practice Act, District of Columbia Board of Nursing, accrediting and regulatory agency regulations regarding standards of care.
The Clinical Nurse:
· Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess:
· Associates Degree Required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, TNCC within 1 year of employment.
- At least 18 months clinical experience in acute care nursing.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
· Work life balance
· Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
· Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills