Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
- Job Title
- ISD Technician
- Job ID
- Winchester, VA 22602
- Other Location
Perform troubleshooting, escalations, and resolve incidents and problems when detected. Interface with various support teams and vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during system outages or periods of reduced performance. Able to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
• Ability to perform data center installation & maintenance with minimal supervision (rack & stack, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
• Experience with server installation & maintenance (rack & stack, HDD, memory, CPU, RAID batteries, NICs, etc.)
• Provide data center staging, deployment, and logistics/asset management support
• Perform site builds & refreshes while meeting current quality standards
• Data Center hardware break/fix/move/add/change; component replacement, hardware troubleshooting
• Extensive enterprise cable installation experience as well as industry cabling standards
• Ability to provide adequate fiber and copper cable testing with minimal supervision
• Ability to terminate Cat 6 cabling
• Create/update/maintain rack elevations within a DCIM application (Nlyte)
• Maintain inventory control and documentation on systems and components to ensure updates occur according to schedule and procedure
• Interface with other ISD areas and/or vendors to resolve outages or periods of reduced performance, in accordance with established criteria
• Provide status reports on active or resolved issues
• Perform preventative maintenance to various network and data center equipment to ensure efficient operations and escalate as needed
• Cognizant of Data Center Safety Standards
• Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs.
• Perform other duties as required
Qualifications – knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Intermediate Data Center / IT Operations experience
• Software & Hardware tools utilized to perform day to day Data Center functions
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, and standards
• Must exhibit excellent communication and grammatical skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure (urgent problems, deadlines, changing priorities)
• Familiar with network cabling (types, distance limitations, testing, connectors, handling)
• Familiar with electrical & optical transceivers (SFP+, QSFP+, GLCT, DAC, CFP2, DWDM)
• Familiar with server hardware and components
• Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single-phase vs. three-phase, etc.
• Familiar with NEMA and IEC power connectors
• Familiar with Data Center containment solutions
• Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and airflow
• Experience with out-of-band management/KVM system (DSVIEW)
• Experience with power distribution units (PDUs), load management
• Meticulous and obsessive about organized cabling
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience in presenting technical solutions and/or recommendations
• Knowledge of electronic principles as they relate to diagnosing and troubleshooting IT system issues
• Knowledge of technical inter-relationships between software/hardware and desktop/LAN/Host systems
• Advanced skill in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes helps us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.