Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20005
- Other Location
Our direct client is seeking an experienced Data Analyst
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Assemble structured, semi-structure, and unstructured data set to meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc. Familiarity DataOps and/or DevOps.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into market insights and transparency, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across regional boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field with five-plus years of experience in a Data Engineer role. Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, Athena, Aurora, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Lambda
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and DynamoDB.
• Experience with scripting languages: Python, R, etc.
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes help us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.