Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
- Job Title
- Cobol Developer
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22180
- Other Location
Specific qualifications to this position include:
• Minimum of 8 years experience with COBOL, DB2, Command-Level CICS, JCL, Batch, and TSO/ISPF
• Hands-on knowledge and support of Mainframe applications that use FIS Systematics core banking systems such as IMPACS(IM), Savings/Time(ST), Loans (ALS (AC(customer), AL (Loan), AM (Both)), Combined Statements (SC), Relationship Manager(RM)
• Strong technical coding skills with a proven track record of adherence to process
• Familiarity with SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle
• Serena ChangeMan ZMF source packaging/management tool experience
• Desired: Development experience with IBM Mainframe Assembly language, with heavy use of the Concept 14 macros set add-on product
• Desired: Working knowledge of HP Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
• Desired: Working knowledge of banking operations/processes and procedures
Unusual Working Conditions: May be required to work occasionally outside normal working hours. May be on call 24/7 to provide technical support.
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated experience in systems analysis & design, workflow, or procedural analysis
• Demonstrated experience in application development, including determining, developing, testing, and implementing system requirements and specifications Mainframe COBOL/FIS Developer
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks
• Experience using established testing techniques
• Demonstrated project leadership experience
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, exercise initiative, and use good judgment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Skill in using PCs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics software applications and a strong understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
Are you looking for the next exciting project opportunity with a great company? Our professional recruiting staff at CC Pace is here to support you in every step of the process! We have been in business for nearly four decades and have deep roots in the Washington DC metro area. Our direct client relationships with companies in a variety of industries and sizes help us to find the right opportunity for our candidates.
We offer competitive rates, healthcare & dental, 401k, FSA, LTD, lots of voluntary benefits and tons of discount perks. Our team is standing by, ready to help you get started today!
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Employer not providing work sponsorship currently
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CCPace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.
• College degree in information technology, computer science or related field or equivalent experience