- Job Title
- Echocardiograph Technologist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Echocardiograph Technician who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Echocardiograph Technician:
- Stays abreast on trends in Echocardiography, certification, and registration.
- Reviews current literature on new echocardiography techniques and advises manager of their feasibility within the clinic.
- responsible for the technical operation of the echo ultrasound machine and it's accessories.
- Maintains the equipment and keeps it in operational order and to notifies the manager of all broken and or inoperable equipment.
- Performs echocardiograms on all patients scheduled for a procedure and or all patients who have a doctor's order for the procedure.
- Performs echocardiograms on in-patients, outpatients, and emergency patients.
- Analyzes and summarizes data, citing abnormalities and other findings, which clarifies the patient's physical conditions.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Graduate from an AMA approved school of Ultrasound Technology required
- Current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers required
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required
- 3+ years of experience as a Cardiac Sonographer
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Echo Technologist with a Pediatric Certification
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills