Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume, once your resume has been submitted you can login to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skillset!
Digital Accessibility Analyst
- Job Title
- Digital Accessibility Analyst
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22180
- Other Location
Our direct client in Banking is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented digital accessibility analyst with a program/project management skillset. The candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their knowledge and sensitivity to the digital accessibility needs of people with disabilities but also be able to act as the champion of quality and is responsible for effectively managing through agile methods in a fast-paced environment that crosses multiple business divisions and support areas. Works collaboratively with product owners, designers, developers, management, and scrum teams to ensure reliable, fully functional, and user-friendly websites before they are released to the public.
• Program facilitation and monitoring of key performance indicators, while collaborating with internal and external teams.
• Assess risk based on the execution and validation and making appropriate recommendations.
• Perform manual and automated testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics, and software that ensure usability, quality, and reliability.
• Document all test artifacts including smoke testing, full audit and transparency of traceability from requirements to tests, and evidence of test planning and execution.
• Ability to interpret quality audits, drive improvements and change, and facilitate test methodology discussions across the teams, primarily focused on external vendors.
• Lead initiatives for ADA/QA, and coach junior team members in their day-to-day activities (to include onboarding support).
• Lead annual and continued accessibility training for developers, designers, and the testing team.
• Provide guidance and support to other quality assurance analysts and developers on the team.
• Ability to communicate to a wide range of project stakeholders (e. g. Executives, Managers, Designers, Developers, etc)
• Broad knowledge of accessibility barriers and how people with disabilities experience digital content, as well as the tools and techniques to identify accessibility issues
• Advanced knowledge of accessibility standards and policies: WCAG 2. 0, ADA, Section 508, 21st Century Video and Communications Act.
• Expert knowledge of assistive technology (e. g. screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc.)
• Knowledge of accepted accessibility patterns and best practices
• Ability to independently as well as in a team environment
• Exposure to multi-platforms, and cross-browser testing. Must be knowledgeable of trends for new browser versions, mobile devices, and/or other digital applications.
• Ability to guide and coach colleagues and clients in one-on-one, small group, or large forum environments • A college degree or equivalent experience, JD preferred.
• Minimum of four-plus years of experience with the following:
• Testing techniques to include functional, regression, sanity/smoke, batch, and system testing
• Creating test strategies and test case development
• Planning and coordinating test activities
• Test case development and defect resolution
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
• Collaborative decision-making and good judgment
• Strong time, interpersonal, and people skills
• Ability to operate comfortably in a multi-task / multi-priority environment across project teams
• Provide multiple ADA-compliant solutions to everyday problems while complying with team goals and deadlines.
Some added pluses:
• Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discern future trends
• Knowledge of regression testing
• Experience with Internet or mobile usability/accessibility research
• Development or test automation tools/frameworks (e. g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium, SOAP-UI, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc.)
• Previous web design or development experience