Nurse Residency Coordinator
- Job Title
- Nurse Residency Coordinator
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20002
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Nurse Residency Coordinator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Nurse Residency Coordinator:
- Coordinates scheduled experiences and learning opportunities for nurse residents
- Collaborates with managers, preceptors, and educators in the orientation process for the new resident
- Coaches and follows the development of new residents as they progress through the residency program
- Meets with residents, managers, and preceptors on a regular, scheduled basis to assess professional development and progression in the RN role
- Administers the national Vizient Nurse Residency survey at prescribed intervals
- Develops and implements monthly classroom learning
- Plans and coordinates events such as resident pinning and graduation
- Oversees resident DMAIC project completion
- Represents HUH at State-wide Nurse Residency Consortium.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Five (5) years experience in acute care nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience related to assistance, support, or coordination of resident experiences (or similar) or other activities in education, medical education, healthcare, health sciences, or equivalent setting.
- One (1) year in supervisory experience preferred
- Certification in Nursing area of specialty, nursing leadership or professional development once eligible
- Experience in education preferred
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
Current nursing license in good standing. If not an active Washington, DC nursing license, would need to become certified in Washington, DC upon hire. Certification in case management or denial management preferred.
Five (5) years’ experience in acute care nursing.
Three (3) years of experience related to assistance, support, or coordination of resident experiences (or similar) or other activities in an education, medical education, healthcare, health sciences, or equivalent setting.
One (1) year in supervisory experience preferred