Clinical Staff Pharmacist
- Job Title
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Staff Pharmacists are an intelligent bunch that handles the core responsibilities at the hospital and in the Pharmacy Department. As a member of this team, you will know how to provide pharmaceutical support to the Director/Assistant Director of Pharmacy Services, by assisting with patient care, education & training, research and community services, at Howard University Hospital. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Pharmacy department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Provides pharmaceutical care to patients of all ages in an effective and efficient manner by collaboratively interacting with a variety' of Hospital personnel.
- Assumes legal responsibility for the proper interpretation and timely processing of medication orders, and maintains an accurate medication profile for each patient. Appropriately checks all medications prepared for dispensing for patients of all ages
- Participates in monitoring and forecasting the level of pharmaceutical inventory used to improve the efficient and economical operation of the pharmacy.
- Evaluates dosage of medication orders as they relate to age, organ function, and underlying disease to ensure appropriate drug therapy, and intervenes with physicians to correct or clarify ambiguous or erroneous medication orders.
- Serves as a drug information resource for the Hospital to provide information about availability of medications, therapeutic alternatives, special precautions, IV compatibility, and contraindications of drugs and other pharmaceuticals.
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution. PHARMD preferred. PGY1 trained
- One (1) year of experience as a pharmacist preferred.
- Registration as a Pharmacist in the District of Columbia or eligibility for reciprocity from another jurisdiction.
Who do you report to?
- Pharmacy Director
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills