Nurse Educator - Department: Professional Development & Education
- Job Title
- Nurse Educator - Department: Professional Development & Education
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Nurse Educator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Nurse Educator:
- Develops an appropriate education plan based on professional practice gaps and learning needs
- Responsible for Onboarding/Orientation of newly hired staff
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment of competency and evaluation of performance
- Provision of continuing nursing education
- Participates in and leads unit performance improvement programs through ongoing design, assessment, and measurement, and performance improvement activities.
- Leads other nursing and unit-based committees such as education, engagement, and practice.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team in developing patient care protocols/procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate activities that promote professional role development.
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate school of Nursing; or matriculating in Master’s Program
- Two (2) years experience in clinical specialty.
- Two (2) years of nursing education experience preferred.
- One (1) year in a leadership role preferred (includes charge nurse, preceptor)
- Certified in area of specialty by a nationally recognized agency
- Current District of Columbia license
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate school of Nursing; or matriculating in Master’s Program
Two (2) years experience in clinical specialty.
Two (2) years of nursing education experience preferred.
One (1) year in a leadership role preferred (includes charge nurse, preceptor)
Certified in area of specialty by a nationally recognized agency
Current District of Columbia license