Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Sr. Network Engineer - CES
- Job Title
- Sr. Network Engineer - CES
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to join our Engineering team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer - Carrier Ethernet Services (CES)
Report to: Director, Network
Status: Full Time
Location: Central Florida / Orlando
Provide system level support for Summit Broadband's L2/L3 and OTN deployment with focus on the Ciena product lines: 39xx, 51xx, 81xx, 87xx and 6500 ROADM utilizing MCP for deployments.
A firm understanding of the fiber optic transport and/or switching protocols is essential. Knowledge and experience with personal computers, Microsoft office suite of software. Mid-level expertise in data communications protocols including Ethernet and IP networks is required. Experience with UNIX and SUN/Oracle systems would be beneficial. Experience with Element Management or Network Management systems would be an asset.
- Primary contact for all support on all Ciena product lines and network management products.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 environment where shift work and on-call duty on evenings and weekends is required.
- Analyze and provide network solution recommendations to customers and internal organizations (i.e. system engineers, consultants, etc.). Evaluate product performance and serviceability in order to contribute to the design of new or modified products.
- Create, review, validate and publish required customer facing documents such as Method of Procedures (MOPS) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports.
- Travel in the state of Florida will be required.
- Provides guidance, leadership and fosters collaboration with project team, internal departments/business units, customers, and vendors to ensure project/team goals are met.
- 2-5 years' experience in technical support - preferably an equipment vendor in the Telco equipment industry.
- Excellent understanding of SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Photonics, DWDM, ROADM and various Switching/Transport technologies and products are required.
- Experience on Ciena Blueplanet MCP provisioning.
- Good understanding of the network management applications offered by Ciena and the underlying components that make up a fully integrated network management platform solution used to monitor and maintain customer networks.
- Familiar with the use of various optical and Ethernet technologies test equipment.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and debug complex system level issues on fiber optic telecommunications transport and switching equipment. Assist with multi-product interoperability issues between Ciena products or with external vendor equipment.
- Requires fast and accurate judgment and analysis of complex situations and strong decision making skills Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment that promotes sharing of knowledge and experiences. Team Player with the ability to adapt to a continually changing market and customer demands.
- Able to prioritize and promptly respond to customer issues/requests. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- You will be required to understand Network architectures and protocols to support working with numerous optical transport technologies.
- This is including but not limited to;
- MPLS RSVP-TE L2
- G.8032 / ERPS
- Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM)
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Reconfigurable Optical Add Drop Multiplexing (ROADM).
- This is including but not limited to;
- You will be required to log directly into the equipment to validate or triage the state of the network. To accomplish this, you will be required have strong working knowledge of remotely communicating to network elements via a Direct connection or Element Management Systems including but not limited to;
- Fujitsu - Netsmart 1500 Coriant - TNMS
- Ciena BluePlanet
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.