Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician
- Job Title
- Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Network Operations Technician - Tier 1 to join our NOC team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Network Operation Center (NOC) Tier 1 Technician
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: NOC Team Lead
Location: Central Florida
This position requires a CCT/JNCIA-Junos (or equivalent) certification, an understanding of Ethernet, MPLS, and IP networks and network elements, and good problem-solving and time management skills. The primary function of this position is to work directly with customers, on-site technicians, carrier service providers, and Tier 2 Technicians to support and troubleshoot circuits, routers, switches, voice, video, data, and miscellaneous network attached devices. The majority of a tier 1 NOC technicians time will involve monitoring automated probes, incident/request tickets, email, and phones for any indication of trouble on Summit and our customers networks and taking appropriate action to correct that trouble. Tier 1 technicians coordinate with onsite technicians, carrier service providers, and other department personnel within Summit to investigate, troubleshoot, communicate/document status and ensure incidents are driven to resolution. Tier 1 Technicians ensure all tickets and jobs are handled quickly and accurately from start to finish. Maintain thorough knowledge of the company’s practices, operations, and service offerings. This position will include at least one weekend shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and interact with customers, carriers, and internal groups as needed for incident/request resolution via phone, e-mail, and internal ticketing system.
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all incidents, logging all details and prioritization codes for all incidents.
- Conduct technical services and support at the tier 1 level, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Promptly assign unresolved incidents to higher tier support to coordinate restoration of service.
- Obtain the necessary information for recording/tracking outages and/or degradation of service.
- Notify all stakeholders of high impact/priority failures using the appropriate escalation procedures.
- Create and manage incident tickets to include final customer follow up.
- Proactively monitor network stability/performance in a 24/7 environment.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, resolve/escalate and document network issues and events.
- Creates change requests in accordance with change management policy and tier 1 responsibilities.
- Maintain working knowledge of all company products and services from a technical standpoint.
- Coordinate with on-site technicians who perform all hands-on work. Escalate to tier 2 technicians for advanced troubleshooting and configuration work.
- Support peer tier 1 technicians and follow guidance from tier 2 to work as a tightly knit team.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Demonstrate organization, time management, assessment, and prioritization skills.
- Willingness and ability to rotate between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts or extended hours if needed.
- Perform configuration changes in support of Move/Add/Change/Delete requests (MACD).
- Provide excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of networking technologies, terms, and tools such as but not limited to:
- OSI Model, Router, Switch, DSL, TCP/IP, Telnet, Broadband, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, VOIP, and POTS.
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems for server
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio).
- Knowledge of current trends in technology and desire to learn.
- Strong proficiencies in computers with an emphasis on Internet connectivity and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work independently and/or as a part of a team.
- Ability to learn and retain information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional, articulate manner.
- Availability to commit to flexible work schedule.
- Ability to diagnose, identify, and isolate Layer 1 through Layer 3 network issues.
- Excellent customer-service, communication, (both written and verbal) and documentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to complete tasks on-time.
- Detail/process oriented.
- Knowledge and experience with Ethernet, MPLS, IP, routing and switching, VoIP/telephony, DWDM, SONET/TDM a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Routing protocols (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) a plus.
- Able to closely follow defined processes and understand when to escalate.
- Understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts
Education and Experience:
- CCT/JNCIA-Junos certification (or equivalent).
- High School diploma, associates or bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of two to four years of experience supporting high-availability services in an ISP, Enterprise, or MSO Network Operations environment.
- 2+ years of experience supporting high-availability services in an ISP, Enterprise, or MSO Network Operations environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management processes in MSO environment
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring/troubleshooting element management systems for data and transport equipment.
- Experience with command line interface and configuration (Junos/Cisco a plus).
- Hands-on experience with Cisco, Nokia, Juniper, Ciena data products and/or Infinera, Fujitsu and Ciena transport products.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience with element management systems for data and transport equipment.
- Experience with monitoring and ticketing systems.
- Familiarity with ITIL/eTOM principles.
- Experience with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management processes in MSO environment.
- Experience with Ciena Blue Planet in a production environment.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.