Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Network Operation Center (NOC) Engineer II
- Job Title
- Network Operation Center (NOC) Engineer II
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Network Operations Center Engineer – Tier 2 to join our NOC team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Network Operation Center (NOC) Tier 2 Engineer
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: NOC Team Lead
Location: Central Florida
This position requires a CCNA/JNCIS-ENT (or equivalent) certification, strong understanding of Ethernet, MPLS, and IP networks and network elements, developed problem-solving and time management skills. As a NOC tier 2 engineer for Summit Broadband, you will serve as first line of defense for monitoring and management of all core, distribution, carrier last mile and customer premise elements across Summits network. NOC tier 2 is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies and must maintain current knowledge of deployed technologies and their significance to customer operations. The NOC tier 2 technicians must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 network operations center. Perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching, and utilizing scripts to automate repeatable tasks. In addition to network surveillance and management responsibilities, the NOC function also serves as an escalation point from NOC tier 1 and other support departments. This position will include at least one weekend shift. Availability for overnight shift required.
This is a specialized support role that is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Summit Broadbands network infrastructure. This role requires the use of applied technical knowledge and practical experience to resolve complex issues. This role will be responsible for correlating incoming tickets, escalations, and alerts, proactively discovering trends or issues impacting a greater customer segment, extrapolating that data to determine if these events are tied to a larger incident, and driving it to resolution.
This role requires a high degree of proficiency with the incident management process as they will be expected to manage fix agents, boundary partners and leadership communications during the course of an extended event. This role will also require familiarity with incident management, change management, problem management, and other ITIL processes. This role assists with change conflict mitigation, knowledge management and other ITIL process and documentation needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively monitor for network, platform, and service events, identify impact associated with each, execute pre-defined scripts for known problems based on alarms and incidents reported by network element management or other fault systems.
- Monitor network and other infrastructure traffic and performance while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on customers services.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, resolve/escalate and document network issues and events.
- Validate restore/repair actions and clear alarms.
- Communicate and interact with customers, carriers, and internal groups as needed for incident/request resolution via phone, e-mail, and internal ticketing system.
- Provides tier 1 escalation support for customers, carriers, and internal groups as needed for incident/request resolution via phone, e-mail, and internal ticketing system. Create and manage incident/request tickets to include final customer follow up.
- Resolve interoperability issues between customers hardware and Summit premise equipment.
- Comply with established Change Management and Incident Management processes.
- Perform collision verification and communication as it pertains to Change and Incident Management processes.
- Obtain the necessary information for recording/tracking outages and/or degradation of service.
- Notify all stakeholders of high impact/priority failures using the appropriate escalation procedures.
- Sweep Tier 1 cases to be sure they are moving in the right direction.
- Ensure accurate and timely creation, updates, and completion of all incident tickets with prompt escalation and notification of major network or platform faults and customer impact to appropriate escalation and fix agents within defined Incident Management Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Coordinate with fix agents to perform repair and/or site maintenance based on the severity or type of event.
- Record all work and incident details using a ticketing system.
- Track, re-direct and escalate the workflow of incidents to subsequent support levels as needed to coordinate restoration/repair of incidents.
- Closes incident tickets and provide feedback/updates to knowledge objects (e.g., Methods of Procedure).
- Follow through on customer (internal/external) requests concerning technical services, products, equipment, and work with other departments to achieve an optimal resolution.
- Open/Close Problem tickets as needed per Problem Management process.
- Creates change requests in accordance with change management policy and tier 2 responsibilities.
- Ensure successful implementation of restoration/repair in the network by creating and/or implementing Change Request tickets according to defined Change management policy.
- Conduct technical services and support at the tier 2 level, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Maintain working knowledge of all company products and services from a technical standpoint.
- Coordinate with on-site technicians who perform all hands-on work. Escalate to tier 3 technicians for advanced troubleshooting and configuration work.
- Support peer tier 2 technicians and follow guidance from tier 3 to work as a tightly knit team.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Demonstrate organization, time management, assessment, and prioritization skills.
- Willingness and ability to rotate between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts or extended hours if needed.
- Provide consultative and professional services to our customers.
- Work with vendors for product information and technical support and drive for solutions within required SLAs.
- Entry level professional contributor on a project or specialty work team.
- Provide ongoing support to NOC Technicians with respect to refresher training, training on new features or technologies, lessons learned, and trouble-shooting advice as needed.
- Responsible for completing After Action Reviews post service affecting (Critical, Major) or high visibility events.
- Re-provisions, tests, maintains, and restores some or all supported Network equipment including core, backbone devices or critical applications.
- Define the knowledge objects (step by step resolution scripts/process) to enable all NOC. Technicians to drive restoration and documentation efforts.
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex incidents independently or as team based on incident scope.
- Assists with change management by creating, validating and performing pre/post change service level monitoring ensuring the health of the network, the service provided, and customer needs are maintained.
- Acts as Incident Commander for outages as required, to ensure effective and timely. communications and coordination of resources and required notifications.
- Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) tools improvements, process flows, event/incident management, and correlations.
- Perform configuration changes in support of Move/Add/Change/Delete requests (MACD).
- Stay up to date on organizational Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Provides second tier, high-level technical support to field operations personnel.
- Manages internal phone queues to assist with live troubleshooting in accordance with defined service level agreements.
- Experience with multi-vendor network environments.
- Strong understanding of IP, subnetting, and TCP/IP protocols.
- IP Protocols: DHCP, HTTP, TCP/UDP, FTP, TFTP, IP, DNS, etc.
- Routing Protocols: ISIS, RIP, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, iBGP, MPLS.
- Telephony Switching Platforms and technologies (SIP, MCGP/NCS, SS7).
- DWDM, SONET transport networks, DOCSIS/Broadband networks.
- Experience with DDoS mitigation tools.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and OSI model (focus layer 1-3).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Troubleshooting experience with telecommunications related technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of switching and routing.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be able to understand & interpret networking and architectural diagrams including the roles and responsibilities of routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, DHCP server ETC.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant tools/analyzer programs (Wireshark, etc.).
- Takes initiative to learn independently through multiple channels (white papers, industry events, manuals, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, team environment.
- Familiarity with ITIL/eTOM principles.
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned in the 24/7 operations.
- CCNA/JNCIS-SP certification (or equivalent).
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology field or a minimum of three to 5 years of experience supporting high-availability services in an ISP, Enterprise, or MSO Network Operations environment.
- 3+ years of experience supporting high-availability services in an ISP, Enterprise, or MSO Network Operations environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Event/Incident/Problem/Change Management processes in MSO environment.
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring/troubleshooting element management systems for data and transport equipment.
- Experience with command line interface and configuration (Junos/Cisco a plus).
- Hands-on experience with Cisco, Nokia, Juniper, Ciena data products and/or Infinera, Fujitsu and Ciena transport products.
- Experience with Ciena Blue Planet in a production environment.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.