- Job Title
- Underground Lineman
- Job ID
- El Cajon, CA 92021
- Other Location
Job Title: Underground Lineman
Business Unit: HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: El Cajon, CA
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
HHS Constructions, LLC is searching for an experienced Underground Lineman to join our team. The Underground Lineman will rod, rope and place cables in existing underground conduit structures.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Rod existing conduit structures, some vacant and some occupied
- Installs and/or sets conduit, pedestals and hand-holes
- Place fiber optic cable, as required
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders.
- Enters manholes and confined spaces
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Performs job duties at a very high standard of safety and workmanship.
- Displays a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to rod conduit
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed. May be required to work various shifts as business needs dictate.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, rodders, ventilation equipment, gas testers, water pumps
- Ability to work in a confined space, outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to apply logical principles and thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- Willing to perform work to support the values and goals of the Company.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Push, pull, reach, and carry objects such as tools, materials, and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Load and unload tools and equipment on the truck.
- Coordinate movement of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Vision including depth perception, close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- All work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required.
- All work is outdoors, subject to inclement weather conditions.
- Working in confined spaces.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.