- Job Title
- Bore Operator
- Job ID
- El Cajon, CA 92021
- Other Location
Job Title: Bore Operator
Business Unit: HHS Construction, LLC., a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, hourly
Primary Location: El Cajon, CA
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
HHS Construction LLC., a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, HHS Construction is a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California, and adjacent geographies. HHS Construction’s core capabilities include aerial, underground and substructure self-perform construction; ISP services; wireless services including Small Cell/CRAN installation, utility coordination, turn-key RF testing and maintenance; telecom engineering; placement and splicing of copper, coaxial and fiber optic cables; and pole maintenance. HHS Construction is headquartered in Ontario, California.
The Bore Operator will operate HDD equipment for Telecommunications.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for regular maintenance and care of the directional drill and locating equipment, produce any documentation needed for each job, communication daily with Project manager is a must.
- Drives, set ups, breaks down Safely and efficient.
- Set up shots and perform various pipe configurations of underground utility installation.
- Drills near active utilities
- Avoids any marked utilities and implements all predrilling precautions to prevent utility strikes.
- Communicates with supervisors for job details.
- Delegate’s jobsite duties to the crew
- Ability to stand for 10 plus hours a day.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to work on-call, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year prior experience on how to use the locating equipment to find any underground utilities. Experienced Locators must have 1-year locating experience
- Must have experience operating the drill near active utilities
- Must be familiar with locate systems
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain Class A CDL within 90 days of hire
- Experience with Ditch Witch and Vermeer is preferred
- Must be able to operate the drill safely
- Must follow all OSHA, ANSI standards, as well as company rules & regulations
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Physical movements such as climbing, lifting, and moving materials. Ability to stand, sit or be in other physically demanding positions for long periods of time
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Read and understand plans and specifications
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.