Point of Care Testing Coordinator
- Job Title
- Point of Care Testing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Point of Care Testing Coordinator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Point of Care Testing Coordinator:
- Develops, evaluates, implements, and maintains procedures for POC Testing, ensuring the consistency of directives, policies, procedures and guidelines of HUH and other appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Develops, evaluates, implements, and monitors the POC Testing Quality Assessment and implement programs.
- Monitors all records of procedure performance and quality control.
- Acts as liaison on POC Testing for the Clinical Laboratories with other hospital activities.
- Reviews test results and assure that reports and records are accurate and maintained properly.
- Coordinates annual competency training and certification for all testing personnel.
- Organizes in-service training and implements activities to support and reinforce related subjects.
- Maintains logs of preventive, daily and maintenance sufficient to indicate compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology with a registry by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience in all areas of the clinical laboratories.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (12-25lbs), climb, stoop, kneel, bend, pull, push, reach, handle, write, type, speak, hear, see (depth perception, color vision), calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret, and organize for extended periods of time.
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology with a registry by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in all areas of the clinical laboratories