Vice President Operations
- Job Title
- Vice President Operations
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Adventist HealthCare/Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a VP Operations who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The VP Operations reports to, the President of Howard University Hospital (HUH) The VP Operations is a member of the Executive Committee and has direct responsibility for HUH ancillary and support services departments, including the laboratory, pharmacy, nutrition services, environmental services, facilities and plant operations, rehabilitation services, pulmonary and sleep services. In addition to direct line operational responsibility, the VP Ops will provide leadership support for strategic planning activities, and business development initiatives to foster growth of inpatient and outpatient services and programs. Developing programs and services, driving profitable services and ambulatory growth, and improving operations in terms of quality and processes.
The VP Ops will also take a leadership role to support system-wide projects and community collaborative. When needed, the VP Ops will partner with the designated staff to complete Certificates of Need (CONs) and business development congruent with the hospital and HUH’s strategic plans. The VP Ops will work to ensure that the critical success factors are achieved (i.e. Best place to work, Most extraordinary experience, Superior outcomes, Financial success for reinvestment and a growing organization vital to the community.
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Minimum formal education required, including degree level (e.g. Bachelor’s) and type/field (e.g. business, health care, etc.)
- 10 years of healthcare experience, hospital experience preferred
- Ensures excellence in hospital operations by providing technical expertise, results-oriented leadership and a working style that promotes a spirit of collaboration to ensure integration of effort and teamwork among support and ancillary department/services and clinical service areas.
- Ensures departments operate safety and cost-effectively and achieve quality, safety, satisfaction and financial performance measures.
- Recruits, develops and retains leadership and talented staff in assigned areas.
- Coaches and supports team and individual staff development. Understanding the importance of holding staff accountable for performance, as well as, comfortably and sincerely recognizes and celebrates staff and team successes
At Adventist HealthCare/Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability,
- PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Position is posted on Adventist Healthcare's website: Vice President Operations (myworkdayjobs.com)
Adventist HealthCare/Howard University Hospital requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare/Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
•Minimum formal education required, including degree level (e.g. Bachelor’s) and
type/field (e.g. business, health care, etc.)
•10 years of healthcare experience, hospital experience preferred