- Job Title
- Training Assistant
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Training Assistant who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Training Assistant:
- Performs data maintenance of HealthStream Learning Center. Creates and manages user profiles including transfers and terminations.
- Provides customer support for HealthStream Learning Center which includes password reset and course troubleshooting.
- Notifies attendees of training sessions, registers participants, and maintains records of attendance. Distributes training materials to attendees.
- Maintains a consolidated calendar of training courses and events.
- Data entry for evaluations including tracking and follow-up of annual and 90-day evaluations.
- Answers questions about training courses and may assist trainees in course selection. Directs high-level concerns to Training Specialist when appropriate.
- Coordinates the use of facilities or equipment in preparation for in-person training events. Coordinates the use of facilities or equipment in preparation for in-person training events.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- HealthStream or other LMS experience preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience, preferably in an education or HR environment.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills
Understands and can apply principles of adult learning to training development and delivery.
Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles & instructional design principles.
Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology
Knowledgeable in the conceptual frameworks for describing learning styles; can recognize differences in learners learning preferences and styles; understands how individual development and cultural background can impact learning preferences and can develop and use training strategies that address a variety of learning styles and preferences.
Ability to adjust presentation methods, use of language, and group management style to achieve the optimal level of formality for the group, and/or to match learners’ level of expertise.
Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Excellent organizational, prioritization, and written and verbal communication skills
Excellent facilitation, presentation, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Strong platform delivery skills
Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically MS PowerPoint