Controller/Billing Specialist (Brokerage and/or Trucker Billing)
- Job Title
- Controller/Billing Specialist (Brokerage and/or Trucker Billing)
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Savannah, GA 31407
- Other Location
Growing logistics company in Savannah needs a Controller/Billing Specialist (Brokerage and/or Trucker Billing)
Direct Hire Position
As a member of the leadership team, the Controller/Billing Specialist establishes, coordinates and maintains the company’s accounting function and systems. Also responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting processes, policies and procedures and ensures legal and regulatory compliance and internal controls regarding all financial functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transportation accounting knowledge is a must
- Responsible for brokerage and trucking monthly close (review of accounts receivable, accounts payable, asset management)
- Review of weekly driver payroll and daily invoicing
- Knowledgeable in the compliance related filings to support the transportation department (IRS Forms and DOT Compliance)
- Maintain lease templates for chassis rentals
- Assist the trucking department in the management of trucking assets
- Report to CFO regarding KPI’s for trucking and brokerage
- Internal audit of systems (invoicing and expenses) as it relates to the output of the accounting details
- Understand budgeting for yearend planning and forecasting
- Oversee daily activities and responsibilities of the Brokerage and Trucking Accounting staff. Mentor and develop a team by managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Responsible for financial reporting, financial analysis, cash management and forecasting reports. Assess organization performance and develop recommendations and objectives, both strategic and tactical.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the company’s strategic plan. Coordinate the development of and maintenance of the capital budget.
- Oversee cash management, cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds. Oversee cash, investment and asset management. Approve weekly payables and execute check signing.
- Coordinate the management, preparation and support of all external audits and serve as key point of contact for external auditors.
- Coordinate proper filing of all tax returns.
- Oversee preparation and review all month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statement and closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Understand computer data entry and being detail oriented is a must
- Communicates effectively in a fast paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Operations – extensive knowledge of accounting functions operating processes and practices, performance metrics, quality management and best practices
- Strategic Orientation – able to identify, evaluate and recommend actions that exceed current practices and take into account long term growth/change
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate, and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings, and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk, and short-term and long-term impact
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Systems & Software – intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software
- Leadership & Supervision – able to select, train, develop, coach, mentor and inspire staff members
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
3+ years related experience
Experience working in the transportation industry in the accounting field.
Demonstrated leadership experience and team management in an Accounting/Finance environment.