Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Augusta, GA
- Other Location
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Business Unit: Southeast Utilities of Georgia, LLC - Corporate
Employment Status: Full-time
Primary Location: Augusta, GA
Networks Built Better.
Southeast Utilities of Georgia, LLC is a subsidiary of Congruex Group LLC which was founded in 2016 by Bill Beans and Kevin O’Hara, industry leaders with extensive experience in broadband network construction and operations. Backed by Crestview Partners, we are a growing, unified organization of best-in-class talent that specializes in the planning, design, permitting, engineering, construction, project management and maintenance of broadband networks.
Consumers across the globe have an insatiable appetite for better, faster and bigger networks to stay connected. Service providers are scrambling to keep up with demand for more data, easier access and efficient bandwidth solutions for their customers. The industry has been fragmented without a clear leader, a company that can handle a network build from end-to-end, and everything in between – until now.
We are rearranging the way networks are built. We offer the full breadth of disciplines required for builds under a single umbrella. One organization. ONE Congruex.
The road to connectivity starts here.
It is our mission to singularly focus on driving the future of connectivity by providing the expertise, technology and resources necessary to build better networks.
At Congruex, we value and embody Grit in everything we do, from external delivery to the customer to internal drive to succeed.
G – guts – to do the right thing, always
R – reliability – to deliver what we promise
I – improvement – to get better everyday
T – teamwork – to lean on each other as ONE Congruex
The Staff Accountant role will report directly to the Financial Controller of Southeast Utilities of Georgia, LLC. They will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in preparing and maintaining audit ready and accurate financials, as well as assisting the corporate team with any A/R, A/P, payroll, or ad hoc tasks.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· General Ledger Accounting (Booking revenue and expense accruals, fixed assets acquisitions and disposals, equity, etc.)
· Account Reconciliations (cash, notes payable, and other balance sheet accounts)
· Assist in monitoring customer aging
· Assist in reporting payroll information to third party payroll provider
· Assist corporate team with tracking vendor and customer retainage, entering payables, and tracking any other customer or vendor information
· Assist Controller in the development, documentation, and improvement of accounting policies, procedures, or internal controls
· Assist Controller with annual audit performed by independent third-party auditors
· Assist preparing monthly financial package for parent company
· Assist in financial planning and analysis
· Assist in financial variance analysis
· Assist in preparing cash forecasts & updating financial models
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· At least 2-3 years of public accounting experience or relevant private industry experience
· Accounting degree desired
· Bookkeeping experience with full accrual accounting according to US GAAP
· Microsoft Dynamics 365, QuickBooks Enterprise, Microsoft Office Suite—specifically Excel
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills to help monitor multiple profit centers efficiently and effectively
· Professional demeanor, self-accountable, and self-motivated
· Attention to detail is a must
· Ability to work extended hours (some evenings and weekends, when necessary) and achieve results in a deadline-driven environment
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information when needed
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.