Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- Voice Engineer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Voice Engineer to join our Network team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Voice Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Central Florida
The Voice Engineer will be responsible for growth, maintenance, optimization, documentation, and troubleshooting the company's converged voice and data network issues to resolution and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes all aspects of the company’s Voice infrastructure, IP Network Topology, and Backbone Infrastructure on a 24/7/365 basis.
This is a hands-on position that includes ensuring voice service reliability, voice stability, voice system redundancy, voice system growth. network reliability, network redundancies, monitoring network performance in addition to performing voice/network maintenance and upgrades.
This position will be customer facing, working directly with customers on escalated voice troubleshooting, test and turn-up and post installation support utilizing Summit Broadband platform SiteTracker, iTop and other platforms.
In addition, capacity management, network administration, advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution are key accountabilities for this position. Ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task projects, be an excellent problem solver and lead end to end technical projects to completion, sometimes in areas that are new with little prior experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform service restorations of commercial business & residential customer VoIP troubles and outages. This is a carrier grade, high availability (HA) network designed to meet 99.999% (five nines) reliability.
- Provide a point of escalation to the NOC with on call rotation.
- Provide direct business customer VoIP support, utilizing remote trouble isolation and service restoration techniques applicable to the customers' IP connectivity.
- Provides network analysis concerning usage trends, voice traffic metrics, capacity planning, and recurring events, as well as outage and incident patterns.
- Provides escalation for network-level troubleshooting activities as related to commercial voice networks, including but not limited to: analyzing packet captures, event logs, traffic, and other diagnostic records.
- Analyze network utilization and capacity to isolate customer service degradations.
- Work NOC tickets and ensure customer issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Create and document team MOPS and Engineering documents (PGL,DPL, etc) with revision control within Jira, Confluence and SharePoint.
- Direct and assist the field in troubleshooting and restoring Commercial Business customer VoIP issues.
- Work on a team performing new customer activations including the customer voice/network architecture design and integration into the existing network.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate sales requirements into technical requirements and to anticipate end-to-end voice infrastructure needs.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of voice architecture, topology, and voice system (MetaSwitch) configurations. Creates system optimization/performance plan to identify root cause analysis after system failures and initiate recovery plan. Monitor and manage voice capacity across the full Summit Broadband network.
- Manage the company’s voice services – Metaswitch system entirely. Perform Metaswitch upgrades on a bi-yearly cycle.
- Update all e911 databases as required.
- Review Metaswitch logs for DDOS events and Blacklist/Whitelist maintenance.
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends. Remain in service during outages until resolved.
- Must be able to work emergency schedules during natural disasters, network outages, and respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 essential service provider operations.outages, and respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 essential service provider operations.
- Metaswitch – 1 year
- Polycom, Mitel, Yealink
- 2 years of working experience with a VoIP switch platform (Any of the following: Multi-tenant platforms: Metaswitch or CPE platforms: Cisco Cube, Mitel, Shoretel, Asterisk). This is to include admin, provisioning/customer deployments, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of High-Speed Customer Networks, which may include but not limited to the following technologies and vendor equipment: GPON, Ethernet, Adtran IAD, Juniper EX, ACX, QFX and MX platforms, Ciena Packet Platform.
- Experience with voice technologies – hosted voice, cloud, PBX, voice system administration, voice provisioning, deploying voice services for commercial and residential users.
- 2 years related experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing telecommunications equipment in a service provider network. Metaswitch certifications - HPBX, Perimeta SBC
- Experience with IP subnetting, and routing protocols a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting SIP Trunk, Adtran IAD’s, DS3, DS1, T1, PRI, FXS, and SS7 circuits. Experience with troubleshooting Class 5 Softswitch (Meta) and Perimeta Session Border Controllers. Ability to multitask projects and document it in a knowledge base.
- Ability to monitor, meet, or exceed company SLA targets. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Travel with overnight stay may be required.
- Flexible work hours required i.e. shift work and/or after hours (maintenance window). Must be able to respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.