Patient Transportation (7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
- Job Title
- Patient Transportation (7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Patient Transporters are an intelligent bunch that handles the core accounting responsibilities at the hospital. As a member of this team, you will know how to transport patient, complete transfers, lifts and repositions using the appropriate patient lifting equipment and follow safe patient handling policies and procedures. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Patient Transportation at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Safely and efficiently Transports patients to and from various areas in the Hospital.as scheduled, requested or directed
- Fulfills responsibilities as assigned and/or float basis in response to patients’ needs across all departments of the Hospital. Responds to emergent and urgent patient and operational issues.
- Perform other duties that further the customer service needs of the unit, such as answering phones, greeting and escorting patients, and administrative and clerical duties upon demand.
- Assists the unit nursing staff in transferring patients in and out of bed and on to transport equipment, as well as patient care on units.
- Covers part or all of other shifts, and/or be on call.
- Prepares, inspects and cleans transportation equipment prior to transporting patients.
- Reports incidents and any unsafe equipment to the Transportation Supervisor for maintenance and repair.
- Transports deceased patients to the morgue.
- Achieves appropriate Hospital performance and productivity standards as established.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training and adheres to the requirements.
- Adheres to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Adheres to federal health care program requirements.
- Obtains necessary certifications as required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
- These stated responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered all-inclusive. The employee assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area.
- Relates and communicates with patients, visitors, and staff in a professional, courteous and mature manner
What do you need?
High School Graduate or General Equivalent Diploma (G.E.D.)
Six (6) months of responsible work experience in a Hospital or Medical Care Facility performing patient transportation services or other duties preferred.
Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card (BLS).
Must be able to accommodate frequent pushing and pulling of heavy equipment up to 350lbs, occasionally up to 800lbs.
Who do you report to?
Manager, Patient Transportation
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills