Healthcare Recruiter/HR Generalist
- Job Title
- Healthcare Recruiter/HR Generalist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20002
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Healthcare Recruiter and Human Resources Generalist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Healthcare Recruiter partners with managers to anticipate and meet the evolving staffing needs of the Howard University Hospital. Provides full lifecycle recruiting for healthcare positions at all levels to include sourcing, screening, interviewing, extending offers and onboarding new hires. Ensures a positive experience for candidates as they move through the recruiting process and assists hiring managers with selecting candidates.
This position is full time in-hospital, and requires a commitment Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
The Healthcare Recruiter/ HR Generalist:
- Assists with the management of full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within Howard University Hospital. Consults with hiring managers to understand roles to be filled and profiles of ideal candidates.
- Reviews and assesses applicant’s education, experience, training, and other qualifications. Schedules interviews and coordinates interviewers or panels.
- Prepares and extends offers of employment, negotiates starting salaries, and works to drive offer acceptance. Notifies applicants of rejection.
- Tests and scores applicants and gathers feedback from other interviewers. Informs candidates of job duties, responsibilities, work schedules, compensation and benefits packages, and career advancement opportunities.
- Utilizes standard and contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools such as job boards, social media, resume databases and search engines to identify potential candidates. Maintains appropriate personnel records and active use of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Attends meetings, job/career fairs and other networking events to appropriately market Howard University Hospital and attract qualified candidates.
- Provides regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Recommends recruitment strategies to the Director of People and Culture and assists with the development of the recruitment plan for various positions.
- Knowledge of HR/Staffing practices such as sourcing, screening, recruiting and on-boarding.
- Knowledge of current HR practices and employment laws and regulations
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes. Well versed on various types of interview styles (video, panel, 1v1, etc.)
- Ability to organize and prioritize a high-volume workload
- Ability to analyze with qualitative and quantitative information for decision support.
- Ability to problem solve and use independent judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and with an applicant tracking systems.
- Highly proficient organizational skills; attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in recruiting for healthcare professionals at all levels. Experience using contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools, applicant tracking systems (ATS), HRIS, and other related internal systems.
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% tuition remission for employees and their dependent children, after 1 and 2 years respectively
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years experience in healthcare recruiting
- Experience in using ATS, HRIS, and internal HR and recruitment systems