- Job Title
- Radiologic Technologist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Radiologic Technologist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Radiologic Technologist:
- Operates and maintains equipment for imaging to provide high-quality images for patient diagnosis. Obtain quality radiographs of patients in an acceptable timeframe; Process and accurately digitize images with correct patient data.
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and follow established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Uses appropriate technique and shielding combination to obtain optimal images while adhering to ALARA principles. Programs machine to the proper voltage current and desired exposure time as dictated by the physician.
- Troubleshoots equipment and scanner to ensure equipment is running smoothly to avoid downtime
- Assures that all work areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. Reports all safety hazards that could harm patients, visitors, or other hospital employees or supervisors, immediately at all times.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors ad take immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the Radiology Information System reports.
- Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures.
- Assists in student training and participates in ongoing in-service training programs.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Must be a Registered Technologist through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Two (2) years’ experience as Radiologic Technologist
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card/BLS
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills