Clinical Nurse II - Department: PACU
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse II - Department: PACU
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Nurse in PACU who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This position requires four 10-hour shifts with on-call, hours of 9:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
The Registered Nurse in PACU:
- Collaborates with patient/family and health care team to determine health goals and interventions and to revise plans of care as needed
- Maintains awareness of the unit’s periodic statistics regarding core measures, nursing quality indicators, customer satisfaction measures, and actively participates in activities/behaviors that progressively improve the statistics
- Provides nursing care consistent with the nursing practice standards, policies and procedures established by the unit, department, division, and institution, professional ethics and standards, and legal requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
- Certification in BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association (AHA).
- PALS certification through AHA
- 18 months experience in acute care telemetry and post anesthesia care
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Free tuition for employees and their dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
Certification in BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association (AHA).
PALS certification through AHA
18 months experience in acute care telemetry and post anesthesia care