- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on a Historically Black University campus. It has created a superior learning environment with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Senior Accountant who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Senior Accountant:
- Performs balance sheet and income statement reconciliations, prepares and posts standard journal entries, and performs account analyses to respond to customer inquiries regarding general ledger balances.
- Effectively participates in the financial statement close meeting for the entities to which they are assigned.
- Contributes to the production of HUH’s internal financial report book and responds to standard requests for information during the conduct of HUH’s annual financial statement.
- Manage and prepare monthly Grant reporting. Manage special purpose funds for tracking expenses and revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in financial records and analysis.
- Health care experience desired.
At Howard University Hospital, our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
3-5 years’ work experience in financial records and analysis.
Health care experience desired.