Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Front Office Manager
- Job Title
- Front Office Manager
- Job ID
- Lafayette, LA 70508
- Other Location
Supports company operations by maintaining center systems and supervising staff. Responsible for the non-clinical
aspects of the day to day operations of the radiation oncology services.
- Maintains center services by organizing operations and procedures, preparing timesheets, reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Coordinates and manages services by ensuring accurate checking in of patients, entering patient demographic into system; answering phone (instructing staff of phone etiquette); scheduling patient consults and follow-ups; and other Administrative tasks.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective action. Manages vendor relationships; orders supplies; approves invoices and expense reports.
- Reviews, documents, and shares with Leadership the collections on a monthly basis.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling staff for coverage at all sites; approving PTO requests; monitoring overtime and hours worked; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing/analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains center staff by interviewing (always keeping in mind—vibrancy/work ethic). Training of new team members using the New Team Checklist.
- Maintains center staff job results by coaching; counseling; goal setting; planning, monitoring, rounding, and evaluating job performance.
- Assists physicians, clerical staff, and Leaders as needed.
- Conducts quarterly meetings with front office staff—updating/reviewing new protocols, procedures
- Designs and implements center policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keep up to date with multiple payors and rules pertaining to Insurance and such.
- Travels as needed, in a multi-center market.
- Meets with patients to discuss benefits/co-pay/payment plans.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Encourages/builds a solid team with front staff as well as Market Managers.
- Ensures that all processing reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Serves as a backup front office team member as needed due to staffing needs such as vacations; illnesses.
- Coaches staff on the AIDET principle: Acknowledge patient, identify yourself, State duration of time expected for appointment, explain the duration (especially if there is a delay) and thank them for choosing our service.
- Promote Standards of Behavior: Supportiveness, Etiquette, Respect, Vibrancy, Integrity, Communication, Excellence
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, (including overtime, and weekends) as necessary
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Minimum of 2 years in a responsible position demonstrating management, team building and program development
- Understanding Insurance Verification Process
- Knowledge of CPT codes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration
- Knowledge of Authorization Process
- Knowledge of Payors rules/policies
- Familiar with Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Knowledge of acquiring and sending electronic Medical Records
- Confidentiality (HIPPA)
- Customer Service
- Detailed oriented
- Computer Skills