Clinical Nurse - Department: Labor and Delivery
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Labor and Delivery
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Nurse -Labor & Delivery who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The shifts for this positions are three 12-hour shifts as needed, 7:30 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.-8:00 a.m., every other weekend required.
The Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery:
- Provide quality perinatal care to patients referred for fetal diagnosis, genetic testing, and other high risk services. Collaborates with intra and interdisciplinary staff to accomplish patient care goals based on the needs of the patient and the institution
- Participates in educational offerings and presents as requested
- Provides and assures patient centered, cost efficient, safe, culturally competent, linguistically sensitive and quality care by adhering to evidence based practice; continuously assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates outcomes; follows hospital, Nurse Practice Act, District of Columbia Board of Nursing, accrediting and regulatory agency regulations regarding standards of care
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Associates Degree in Nursing Required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiovascular Life Support required
- Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification required
- At least 18 months clinical experience in acute care nursing in MedSurg, Emergency, ICU, NICU, SICU, Labor and Delivery, or Postpartum
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Tuition remission for employees and their dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Associates Degree in Nursing Required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiovascular Life Support required
Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification required
At least 18 months clinical experience in acute care nursing in MedSurg, Emergency, ICU, NICU, SICU, Labor and Delivery, or Postpartum