Social Worker (LICSW)
- Job Title
- Social Worker (LICSW)
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on a Historically Black University campus. It has created a superior learning environment with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Social Worker (LICSW) who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Social Worker will:
- Collect identified processes, outcomes, and impact data relevant to the focus area (school-based services).
- Prepare and submit monthly activity reporting to DC NEXT STEPS Lead.
- Conduct PDSA Cycle Ramps Report regularly to PDSA ramps.
- The supervisor shall monitor each LGSW to maintain authorizations, approvals, licenses, and permits necessary in the District of Columbia.
- Participate in weekly Network Meetings.
- Engage and support the implementation of Year Two Work Plan activities, Milestones, Reporting Systems.
- Participate in ongoing expectant and parenting teen recruitment and engagement.
- Participate in Communication Planning and implementation.
- Participate in Network Evaluation Design and Process.
- Participate in training and additional educational opportunities as required.
- Develop and implement screening tools to assess expectant and parenting teen support needs.
- Engage clinical partners to align with the mission and goals of DC NEXT! STEPS.
- Outreach to young parents for involvement in DC NEXT STEPS.
- Participate in design and build of self-assessment optimal health tool.
- Engage and motivate expectant and parenting youth.
- Prioritize youth voice in intervention choices and design.
- The social work supervisor is required to have experience and qualifications to monitor Perinatal Support Services for expectant and parenting teens.
- The social workers shall maintain all authorizations, approvals, licenses, and permits necessary in the District of Columbia.
- The social workers will complete the services as required for 4 hours per week.
At Howard University Hospital, our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
The social work supervisor is required to have experience and qualifications to monitor Perinatal Support Services for expectant and parenting teens.
The supervisor shall monitor each LGSW to maintain authorizations, approvals, licenses, and permits necessary in the District of Columbia.
The social workers will complete the services as required for 4 hours per week.