- Job Title
- Permit Specialist
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Other Location
Job Title: Permit Specialist
Business Unit: CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Project Manager
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest en-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company
Founded in 2003, CHC Consulting is a full-service engineering consulting firm within the telecommunications industry. CHC Consulting provides comprehensive, turn-key professional services in the areas of fielding, engineering design, permitting, project management, process development, and staffing to a range of Blue Chip clients across the United States. CHC Consulting specializes in Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering and has a large footprint in the West, Midwest, and Southwest regions.
The Permit Specialist is responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating the requirements of various permitting agencies in assigned area. The Permit Specialist will also be responsible for securing permits on schedule, tracking permit status, and resolving issues preventing approval. Face to face meetings with the permitting entities and establish great working relationships will be a must.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work with Project Coordinators to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all permit applications.
- Research and document permit requirements for the city, agency, or customer for whom the work is being performed.
- Practice strong understanding of permit application process and workflow to complete projects in a timely manner: secure permits on schedule, track permit status, and resolve issues preventing approval.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for permit requirements both internally and externally to CHC’s customers.
- Work with Permit Coordinators to ensure progress is tracked and permit information is updated in CHC systems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with permitting entities from city planners to permit desk administration personnel.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2-5 years of permitting experience in a wireline, wireless or telecom engineering/construction setting.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Working experience of Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Pro and/or other PDF editing software. Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.