Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Mapping and Design Technician
- Job Title
- Mapping and Design Technician
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Network Documentation Technician to join our team.
Title: Mapping & Design Technician
Reports to: Mapping & Design Supervisor
The employee will be responsible for drafting and documenting for the Company’s broadband network including outside plant, inside plant and customer premises. Responsible for supporting all fiber optic cable as-builts into Bentley V8i. Communicating with outside technicians and contract partners to obtain as-builts, and network changes to be uploaded into a CAD software. This job will involve planning continuous fiber routes over existing and new build fiber optic cables, creating fiber splice documents, using as-built information, Bentley, Excel, among other software. The individual will be skilled in OSP FTTH/FTTP documentation with an understanding of OSP construction and engineering.
- Become proficient with CAD software and support the efforts of the Project Manager of Fiber Design & HFC
- Work with engineering team, develop and implement network nomenclature
- Document and maintain records for all outside plant, customer premises and central office
- Prepare drawings and plans to support network expansions
- Plan all fiber routes and DWDM filters
- Maintain a database for all pole attachments
- Create and implement adds, moves, and change policies to maintain proper plant facility records
- Obtain and enter all Fiber as-builts (FUDS) from in-house staff and contractors
- Develop layouts for OSP and ISP Fiber
- Develop ISP Patch panel diagrams/cable rack layouts
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design.
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency.
- Ensure design specifications are maintained.
- Adhere to appropriate quality standards set out in the design requirements
- Analyze OTDR traces, evaluate characteristics of fiber and document test results
- Assist in troubleshooting fiber circuits for light and path continuity
- Analyze current processes and identify possible efficiency gains
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation
- Support leadership team with fiber design documents
- Reviews, resolves and follows-up on request and complaints.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 -3 years auto CAD (or other drafting program) experience
- 2-3 years technical writing experience
- At least one year experience in telecommunications and outside plant and construction preferred
- Must be able to pass criminal background and drug test
- Must have clear driving record
- Flexibility to work mandatory overtime in order to meet business needs
- Experience or the equivalent education/certification with AutoCAD, Micro-station, Spatial or Bentley is required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Visual design skills are a strong plus
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred
- Competence in design methodology, process, and metrics
- Experience in designing and/or constructing telecommunications fiber networks is a must
- High integrity and strong work ethic is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to think creatively and strategically is a must
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other team members
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.