Clinical Nurse - Department: NICU (RN Days)
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: NICU (RN Days)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Registered Nurse in NICU who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. The primary duty of this position is to provide direct nursing care to patients. Collaborates with intra and interdisciplinary staff to accomplish patient care goals based on the needs of the patient and the institution. Participates in educational offerings and presents as requested.
The full time day shifts for this position are three 12-hour shifts, every other weekend rotation, in the hours of 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
The Registered Nurse in NICU:
- Interact(s) with staff, physicians, patients and their families, other healthcare providers, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Collaborates with patient/family and health care team to determine health goals and interventions and to revise plans of care as needed.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Qualified Candidate will possess:
- Associates of Science in Nursing Required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia (Waiver until March 2022 per DC DOH).
- Certification in Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association.
- 12 months experience nursing in hospital, acute care.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance.
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise.
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan).
- Tuition remission for employees and their dependent children after 1 and 2 years commitment, respectively.
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Experience as a Registered Nurse in NICU, Postpartum or Labor & Delivery preferred.