Project Engineer (Site Civil)
- Job Title
- Project Engineer (Site Civil)
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
- Tri-state area
Join a company recognized for providing solutions, excellence, service, and integrity. We seek dynamic individuals to support organic growth.
SESI Consulting Engineers has been selected as one of NJBIZ’s "FASTEST GROWING" Companies and Inc.'s "5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies".
SESI Consulting Engineers, founded in 1976, is a well-established, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Parsippany, N.J. SESI has earned an excellent reputation for providing innovative Geotechnical, Site/Civil, and Environmental engineering solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry throughout the NJ, NY, CT region.
SESI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, professional development assistance, bonus potential, employee engagement activities, just to name a few. SESI also engages its employees in all aspects of its projects and encourage them to participate in design and project management functions to their full potential.
SESI seeks a Project Engineer to work in its Site/Civil Department. This hands-on individual will manage and mentor engineers, and lead design efforts for commercial, residential, mixed-use, and industrial developments. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate substantial experience in land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Familiarity with current local, state (New Jersey and New York), and Federal Permitting regulations
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Stormwater management design, LID, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Planning board and public testimony experience strongly preferred;
- Design and oversee design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess valid NJ/NY Professional Engineer licensure;
- 10+ years’ experience in related site/civil land development engineering;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred) with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, and to mentor staff engineers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move under 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of work will be conducted in an office setting.
Approximately 10% of the work is conducted outdoors. Worker must be able to walk frequently on uneven hard and soft ground/terrain in all types of weather conditions to include cold, hot rain, snow, ice, etc. Employees working in the field may also be exposed to sun, wind, insects, plants, animals, etc. As a result, appropriate clothing for outdoor work, work boots, safety glasses, hard hat, safety vest is required while working in the field.