CT Scan Technologist, Nights
- Job Title
- CT Scan Technologist, Nights
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
CT Scan Technologist: FT 40 hours per week 10pm -0830am rotating, Every other weekend Required
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an CT Technologist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The CT Technologist:
- Identifies each patient and reviews their information for consistency of exam ordered, clinical diagnosis, prep and all demographic information.
- Uses appropriate technique and shielding combination to obtain optimal images while adhering to ALARA principles. Checks for pregnancy when appropriate and documents. Knows how to adjust scan factors in CT to minimize radiation exposure to patient.
- Assesses all information and factors that may contraindicate the exam, such as medications, insufficient preparation, etc.
- Utilizes all safety devices on equipment to insure the safety of the patient and technologist.
- Reviews the patient’s chart and physician’s request to determine optimal imaging parameters for suspected pathology. Selects appropriate images and protocols for each exam. Knows how to revise patient position or imaging parameters to better visualize the anatomy, or pathology, according to established guidelines.
- Determines the appropriate amount of contrast agent to be administered based on the patient’s age, weight and requested procedure. Administers contrast agents according to established guidelines. Monitors patient during contrast injections for contrast infiltration or reactions and notifies the radiologist and pages emergency response team when required.
What do you need?
- Graduate of a certified/accredited ARRT program required.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a CT technologist and certified
- Must be registered technologist through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology required. ARRT advanced certification in CT required
Who do you report to?
- Director of Radiology
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills